MOSA Project Meeting on Saturday, December 27th 2008

Coordinator
Dec 23, 2008 at 10:34 PM

Dear MOSA Community Members,

I'd like to schedule a meeting to discuss a couple of pending issues and progress. In order to get started, I'd like to propose the following topics:

1. Status updates

- Compiler (grover, rootnode)
- Device Drivers etc. (phil)
- Pictor, Booting, VM support etc.

Basically just a short overview where we are, what's still needed to get to the first release.

2. Open Discussion

A slot for additional topics to discuss on demand. However please reply to this post in order for others to prepare.

If you feel like adding topics, feel free and reply. As always we'll make a log of the channel

Since we're spread over the world, I'd like to propose to meet on Saturday, December 27th 2008, 23:00CET/17:00ET/16:00CT/14:00PT on #mosa. If you're unable to make it, please reply and we'll try to move the meeting. I'd like to log the meeting and publish it on the wiki for further reference. If I've got the TZs wrong, please reply with the correct offsets from CET.

__grover

Coordinator
Dec 24, 2008 at 1:31 AM
Edited Dec 24, 2008 at 11:19 AM
You may remove Pictor from the list as there hasn't been any development since the last meeting.
Only thing would be that I'm thinking of disposing an AGG port and favoring a whole new design by ourselves.

Time is OK for me. I'm at my girlfriends place around that time, but she's got a wireless AP, so no problem here with the time and day.

Kintaro (aka rootnode)
Coordinator
Dec 24, 2008 at 6:23 AM
I'll be there!
Coordinator
Dec 24, 2008 at 1:04 PM
I want to add one more point to the list, and that'd be zMooth's Linker Script Parser. 
What the interface should look like, his propositions, etc.
Developer
Dec 24, 2008 at 2:56 PM
I'll be there, too. As far as I know there is no problem for me to be there in time.
rootnodes comment about adding my parser as point to the meeting is a good thought. So let's talk about the parser's needs.
I'll write grover an email about my first ideas in the next days.
Coordinator
Dec 24, 2008 at 2:57 PM

Ok,

we'll remove Pictor and add the Linker Script stuff to the list above.

I'd like to put an additional topic on the list: General Discussion about the CodePlex experience (source control, issues, wiki etc.)

Here's a revised topic list:

1. Status updates

- Compiler (grover, rootnode)
- Linker Scripting (zMooTh)
- Device Drivers etc. (phil)
- Booting, VM support etc.

Basically just a short overview where we are, what's still needed to get to the first release. 

2. CodePlex Experience
3. Open Discussion

Coordinator
Dec 25, 2008 at 11:35 AM
I'd like to add one more point to the list. I talked to a guy from CCC Ulm today and he gave me an interesting link. This could provide us with high scalability.
Here the link (http://ulm.ccc.de/ChaosSeminar/2008/12_riot) [German]

Maybe we can get the creator to port his framework himself. I'll ask him as soon as he's online.
Coordinator
Dec 25, 2008 at 3:30 PM
Ok. However I'd like to add that this is nothing new - it's been done before and I created a similar thing for embedded systems maybe 8 years ago. Anyways these event based systems aren't easy to develop as you quickly loose the sequence of algorithms. I'd much rather optimize our threading (make System.Threading.Thread a pseudo-thread, much like it is on Win32 right now) instead of devoting time to do this. It is an alternative, but not useable for the broad set of developers.
Coordinator
Dec 25, 2008 at 4:29 PM
Edited Dec 25, 2008 at 4:30 PM
No problem.

But it could be optional though. If he volunteers to port his own framework to C#, we could include it.
Just as an idea.

I told him about the meeting, and he'll probably come.

Oh, and Merry Christmas everyone!
Coordinator
Dec 28, 2008 at 7:46 PM
Kintaro has posted the meeting log in our Wiki at 3rd Meeting.
Jan 22, 2009 at 5:17 AM
in response to Kintaro's comment, here is the english description.  I thought the project was neat.

http://projects.spamt.net/riot/trac/