Jun 14, 2009 at 9:21 AM
Edited Jun 14, 2009 at 9:29 AM
Here are the instructions for re-created Kintaro (rootnodes) video by booting MOSA from USB Key:
1. Download the dd utility for windows from
http://www.chrysocome.net/dd and extract the dd.exe to the mosa/trunk/Setup/Boot/build directory.
2. Open a command prompt window and change directory to the build directory.
3. Connect the USB key you wish to ERASE and install MOSA onto. (WARNING: Data on the USB will be lost!)
4. Determine the device path for the USB key. Type "dd --list". This will list all the block devices on your system. Find the one for the USB Key you just connected. Be careful, if you select or mistype the wrong device, you can corrupt your hard
drive or other storage devices. Unless you understand these steps completely, do not proceed.
5. Type "dd of=\\?\Device\HarddiskX\PartitionX if=bootimage.img bs=512 --progress" and substitute the of= parameter with the device path found in the previous step.
6. Wait until all the blocks are written to the USB key before disconnecting it.
7. Now boot a PC or laptop with the USB Key connected!